Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:02 pm 

I'm still pretty new here, but my wife saw how much I have been enjoying getting into pedal building she got me another kit for my birthday (unfortunately she didn't get it at BYOC, shhhh! ;) ).

Also unfortunately, I made a huuuuuge mistake working on it and had to scrap the guts. I ordered a replacement kit, but now I have an extra enclosure, and one that is pretty specifically drilled for this kit. The kit is the JHS Old School Fuzz sold at Stew Mac - http://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Elec ... l_Kit.html The drills holes for the jacks are on the side, and the knobs are pretty high up on the case.

I'm hoping to find a BYOC kit that I can "fit" into this enclosure. I don't see any obvious candidates with two knobs, 1 switch, etc. But perhaps I can relatively easily drill out the switch-hole on the enclosure to fit a pot and fit in a three-knob kit? I'm also unsure about running the LED down by the footswitch, routing the jacks the sides, etc.

I'm really up for anything. I see this enclosure as a good opportunity to just learn more and try something out a bit out of the box to push my knowledge further. Any suggestions would be really appreciated!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:05 pm 

Easy answer, I think: get yourself one of the new BYOC Micro Pedal kits. There are many to choose from, and nine of them use three knobs, which would fit your existing drilling pattern (with some enlargement of that middle one). You just order the kit with the "no enclosure" option. There should be plenty of room to solder the PCB onto the footswitch in that StewMac enclosure, then just wire the pots, jacks and LED to the board.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:26 pm 

Many overdrives use three knobs, a few fuzz do too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk