Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:42 pm 

I built the reverb 2 kit last week and have been hesistant in asking this question (also since i was getting excellent help from the forum un-fucking my lil phaser). Has anyone else who has built this pedal experience extreme reverb too fast? Meaning with the knobs at about 9-10 o clock the amount of reverb is almost unusable. After that it IS unusable lol. Putting it in the FX loop helps, but still very washed out. Idk if this is tech support per se, since it does work lol. Also i can tell the module emulates a spring reverb beautifully well and i like it, i just wish there was a more usable area in the knobs. I looked over all of the components twice, and reflowed my joints. The only thing that was odd was while in the pcb, R101 measured 0 Ohms. Out of the pcb it measured the correct 470k.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:08 pm 

Which version does the pcb say it is?

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:28 pm 

The pcb says v1.1

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:57 am 

I just checked the board on my unbuilt reverb 2 and its v1.1 as well, so I think you are good there...

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:44 am 

Sounds like it could be a misplaced resistor or cap. Please post photos--make them LARGE, well-lit, well-focused shots of both sides of the PCB and all of the jack & switch wiring.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:17 am 

Here you go boss! The 470k resistor in question is shown measuring properly outside the pcb. Naturally i burned the soldering pad on the front putting it back in, but it looks like the trace is on the back and the resistor still measured 0 Ohms across it back in the circuit. After a quick playing just now the pedal operates like it was before. You guys sick of me yet? I'll be doing the analog chorus today :twisted:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:00 am 

I'm not seeing any incorrect resistor placement.

I wouldn't worry about R101; it's probably a bit of a red herring. That is the input pulldown resistor; it's just there to manage true bypass pop. If you're not getting too much pop when you engaged the pedal, R101 is doing its job.

I'm wondering if you were just expecting less reverb or something. When I use mine, for typical amp-type reverb that doesn't get in the way of things, I'm typically running the dwell all the way off and the reverb knob at about 8:00 or so. That gives me just a bit of reverb depth. This pedal does go extreme fairly quickly in my opinion. Especially when you're running the dwell knob up higher. With the dwell off, it reminds me of Fender amp reverb - anything above 9:00 is way too much for most situations. That's just my opinion and I like that it has gobs more on tap.

Sometimes making a quick, rough youtube clip will help determine if the pedal is working like it's supposed to.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 2:43 pm 

No that pretty much sums up my pedal as well. I guess i was just expecting less!