Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:19 am 

I am wondering if anyone could tell me where the parametric eq frequencies are on the M Freq knob on my Crown Jewel. I am not good at hearing and guessing. For example 7 o'clock at the bottom would be 100 hz? then 9, 11, 12, 1, 3, and 5 o'clock are approximately what frequencies? Thanks for any insight.

BTW, I love this pedal, and it looks incredible in sonic blue with white knobs. I think it sounds more brown sound than the Pinnacle I am selling, because it is less compressed and it can be made brighter to mimic classic VH tones. Not to mention the loads of other pedal sounds in there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

I can't tell you exactly because I've never put it on a spectrum analyzer and it also varies slightly depending on the width of the Q. The midrange control is a Wein bridge network that should have a range of about 250Hz to 5KHz, with approx. 1KHz being at noon, and that sounds about right to my ear. This is in medium Q mode. Changing the Q will shift the center frequency slightly. This is because the Q does not get wider or narrower symmetrically. It changes width by reducing the bass range or increasing the bass range (changing the capacitance of C24). So your center freq will be able to go a little lower in wide mode, but not quite as high. And inversely, your center freq will be able to go a little higher in narrow mode, but not quite as low.

FYI, if you want to shift the range higher, make C24/C27 smaller. If you want to shift the range lower, make C24/C27 larger.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:54 pm 

Thanks!

byoc wrote:
I can't tell you exactly because I've never put it on a spectrum analyzer and it also varies slightly depending on the width of the Q. The midrange control is a Wein bridge network that should have a range of about 250Hz to 5KHz, with approx. 1KHz being at noon, and that sounds about right to my ear. This is in medium Q mode. Changing the Q will shift the center frequency slightly. This is because the Q does not get wider or narrower symmetrically. It changes width by reducing the bass range or increasing the bass range (changing the capacitance of C24). So your center freq will be able to go a little lower in wide mode, but not quite as high. And inversely, your center freq will be able to go a little higher in narrow mode, but not quite as low.

FYI, if you want to shift the range higher, make C24/C27 smaller. If you want to shift the range lower, make C24/C27 larger.