Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:41 pm 

I just got done building the confidence booster pedal. I just purchased the echo Royal for my next build and I'm thinking about the next pedal I want to build. My question is what would be the most rare or collectible clone in the BYOC store. I've got lots of different kind of pedals I've bought over the years from stores so I'm not looking for a particular sound just want to build a more rare or collectible one. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:19 pm 

Flying Pan (FP-777 clone) in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:30 pm 

jimilee wrote:
Flying Pan (FP-777 clone) in my opinion.

That's certainly a good one--IMO, the best sounding phaser I've heard.

Here are a few more ideas:

• The FET PreAmp is a fantastic sounding clean boost with an outstanding Baxandall EQ stage. My favorite stand-alone boost pedal!
  • The Crown Jewel, though new, is certainly destined to be a classic. Very possibly the most versatile overdrive pedal available, and that isn't even considering the modularized "boost" stage. And I put that in quotation marks because of the eleven plug-in modules that BYOC offers for the CJ, more than half of them are non-boost circuits, at least in the classic sense--distortions, fuzz, octave-up, compressor. Too cool!

Discontinued kits (if you can find them):

• Silver Pony (faithful-to-the-original Klon circuit) boost/overdrive that many felt was the most authentic sounding of the many "klones" out there. But when Bill Finnegan came out with his 2nd generation KTR pedal, Keith decided to discontinue this highly successful kit in deference to him. Classy move, if you ask me. The kit was offered for less than a year, but there are still some floating around with resellers.
  • The Tri Boost was a very innovative pedal design from Keith that incorporated three different vintage boost circuits in a single pedal, selectable through a rotary switch. These classic circuits were a germanium treble boost (Dallas Rangemaster), linear boost (EHX Linear Power Boost), and MOSFET clean boost (Zvex SHO). The kit has been discontinued for a couple of years now, but an extremely cool and flexible boost pedal, if you can find one.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:13 pm 

I would second the Tri-Boost. Probably one of my all-time favorites.

Good luck finding an unbuilt kit though.

I can't get enough minimalism.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:26 pm 

The flying pedal should get a prize because of it’s unique quality. Also the Phaser pedal is another award winning pedal.

But in some ways, I would like to nominate the mini orange squeezer clone as the pedal because it sounds so amazing on a cleanish tone and also to my knowledge, I think it’s the only mini orange squeezer clone available to the general public (assuming you can solder)