Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Out of stock
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 11:04 pm 

Ello! I've built quite a few of the BYOC kits but I'm just now joining the forum. There are quite a few more kits that I've wanted to build but they've been out of stock forever. I'm just wondering what was going on with that. I looked around on the forum for info on out of stock kits but didn't see anything. It seems like more and more kits are out of stock every time I check back in. Will the kits be restocked any time soon? Sorry if I've overlooked this info. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Out of stock
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

davidwpack wrote:
Ello! I've built quite a few of the BYOC kits but I'm just now joining the forum. There are quite a few more kits that I've wanted to build but they've been out of stock forever. I'm just wondering what was going on with that. I looked around on the forum for info on out of stock kits but didn't see anything. It seems like more and more kits are out of stock every time I check back in. Will the kits be restocked any time soon? Sorry if I've overlooked this info. Thanks!

There's a lot of problems right now. The biggest right now is that it's taking a long time for stuff to ship and to get stuff through customs. We've been waiting on LM308 for the Mouse kits and M5812L for the Swede since January. As fas as I can tell, they're just sitting in US customs. Also, I don't think China is as "open" as they say it is. Things seemed to start going back to normal a month or two ago, but it seems to have been shut down again,based on correspondence that I've had with sales reps. I don't get replies for a week or two, when normally, they will reply immediately no matter what time it is over there. So now it takes a month just to hash out the proforma invoice. We've got plenty of enclosures and jacks and footswitches and other common parts on hand, but almost every kit has at least one odd ball component that makes it difficult.

All of this is compounded by the fact that we went into the pandemic with an already low inventory.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 10:52 am 

Sorry to hear that. That's gotta be rough on the business. I will definitely keep checking back in. Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 5:27 am 

How about painted enclosures? Specifically the lil comp kit, but I noticed the mimosa enclosure was out of stock too. Are you going to make more of those? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

We are going to make more of everything eventually. If we're not going to offer it anymore, then it will say discontinued or you just won't see it on the website.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 6:27 pm 

wombat wrote:
How about painted enclosures? Specifically the lil comp kit, but I noticed the mimosa enclosure was out of stock too. Are you going to make more of those? Thanks.

byoc wrote:
We are going to make more of everything eventually. If we're not going to offer it anymore, then it will say discontinued or you just won't see it on the website.

Any way to get my hands on a file with the design for crown jewel? I could then etch it on my bare enclosure of my pedal.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:02 am 

byoc wrote:
There's a lot of problems right now. The biggest right now is that it's taking a long time for stuff to ship and to get stuff through customs. We've been waiting on LM308 for the Mouse kits and M5812L for the Swede since January. As fas as I can tell, they're just sitting in US customs. Also, I don't think China is as "open" as they say it is. Things seemed to start going back to normal a month or two ago, but it seems to have been shut down again,based on correspondence that I've had with sales reps. I don't get replies for a week or two, when normally, they will reply immediately no matter what time it is over there. So now it takes a month just to hash out the proforma invoice. We've got plenty of enclosures and jacks and footswitches and other common parts on hand, but almost every kit has at least one odd ball component that makes it difficult.

All of this is compounded by the fact that we went into the pandemic with an already low inventory.

Glad to hear that it's simply because of sourcing problems. It's been several years since I have been on the boards and just as long since I built anything, but I found some older, unassembled kits in my basement after a move which brought me back to the site. I have a smallish list of new kits that I now want to get (like 11 of them so far) and I was concerned when I saw most of what I wanted was unavailable.

I'll keep checking back as I love your products and I like the thrill of building these pedals myself.

Stay healthy!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:30 am 

Is the issue mostly the electronic components? I want to get the Lil Mouse, Lil Pony, Lil Echo and Lil Chorus without the enclosures. I know some of their big brothers are in stock but I'm not sure how different the parts lists are from each other.

Post subject: Out of stock
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:31 am 

Hello guys
I’m new here. Where’s a link for items to buy for kits from byoc ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:53 am 

carlthess50 wrote:
Hello guys
I’m new here.

Welcome!

carlthess50 wrote:
Where’s a link for items to buy for kits from byoc ?

Not sure what you're asking here. BYOC kits contain all the components and hardware that you need to build a functioning pedal. What items are you looking for?

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:56 pm 

I just would like a link that I can go to and see what all is there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:14 pm 

Still not sure what you're looking for.

If you want to know what full kits are available, go here: https://buildyourownclone.com/collections/fx-kits

If you want to see what PCBs are offered for sale, look here: https://buildyourownclone.com/collections/pcbs

If you want to know what parts BYOC sells (there are a LOT!), start here: https://buildyourownclone.com/collections/parts-1

If you wish to know what parts and components are contained in a particular kit, go to that kit's product page, select the Instructions tab, and download the PDF. You'll find a parts list a couple of pages in. For example, here's the link to the instructions for the Classic Overdrive kit, with the parts list on pages 4 & 5: http://byocelectronics.com/classicodinstructions.pdf

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:54 pm 

Hi, any update on the out of stock pedal kits? I'd love to build a few as gifts for holidays. Any ideas when more stock might come back online? Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

t8bloom wrote:
Hi, any update on the out of stock pedal kits? I'd love to build a few as gifts for holidays. Any ideas when more stock might come back online? Thanks!

Here's what's in the queue in order:

Analog Vibrato
Crown Jewel
Analog Chorus
FET Preamp
Classic Fuzz

It will take about a month to finish those. I don't know what's after that. It's based on "notify my when back in stock" requests, so if you want something that's out of stock to get bumped to up in line, click on the button.