Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:34 am 

Hey!

My apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but “od2” has too few characters for the search function to accept :/

Whatever happened to this pedal? A compact TS with a built in boost makes for such a killer stompbox, and I’ve been after one on the used market for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:14 am 

That kit has been retired for a while now. But the Silver Pony 2 will give you the overdrive/boost combo, as well. So will the Crown Jewel, along with a boatload of other cool features, but that one is still out of stock due to some part availability issues.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 9:23 am 

duhvoodooman wrote:
That kit has been retired for a while now. But the Silver Pony 2 will give you the overdrive/boost combo, as well. So will the Crown Jewel, along with a boatload of other cool features, but that one is still out of stock due to some part availability issues.
I’ve got a silver pony II, and it’s great, but the Klon circuit and TS circuit are a bit different, and I definitely prefer the TS.

Another thing I like about the OD2 is the impressively small footprint, smaller than most double pedals like the Jewel or Pony

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:17 am 

Yeah, I hear you. The OD2 was a favorite of mine, as well.

You might consider combining the Classic Overdrive or the Green Pony with one of the BYOC boost circuits together in a single enclosure. Sure, it will be bigger than the compact 125B-housed OD2, but you can get the TS/boost combo you want, and you could even add Stephen's "flipper switch" as used in the Crown Jewel to swap the effect order. Just something to consider....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:01 pm 

duhvoodooman wrote:
Yeah, I hear you. The OD2 was a favorite of mine, as well.

You might consider combining the Classic Overdrive or the Green Pony with one of the BYOC boost circuits together in a single enclosure. Sure, it will be bigger than the compact 125B-housed OD2, but you can get the TS/boost combo you want, and you could even add Stephen's "flipper switch" as used in the Crown Jewel to swap the effect order. Just something to consider....
I’m actually considering combining a Klon and TS circuit with a “flipper switch” into a single enclosure

I have a modded TS that has a Timmy style bass control knob, a 3-way clipping selector, and a higher gain ceiling. That, with a Klon, would be a killer stompbox IMO, and I think I could put them in a pretty tight enclosure

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:26 pm 

Both the Classic OD (TS) and Silver Pony (Klon) are in stock, and can be purchased without an enclosure. Just sayin'....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:24 pm 

duhvoodooman wrote:
Both the Classic OD (TS) and Silver Pony (Klon) are in stock, and can be purchased without an enclosure. Just sayin'....
I like the way you think

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:38 am 

duhvoodooman wrote:
Yep!

I’d be putting the modified TS circuit that I already have in it, but I may have to spring for the silver pony and a double enclosure