Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:37 am 

Since nobody replied to my question on the tech forum, I am posting the question here and maybe will get a response.

I have nearly completed a Crown Jewel and am getting prepared to install the pots. The kit I received has board revision 1.1 and came with a C100K Dual Gang pot for the Mid Freq control. When I ordered the kit, I had the option to include a dry blend board but I chose not to get one, so I assume the board is a dry blend option board, not the older version kit.

Following the more recent instructions for the dry blend option version (version 1.1) there is a B100K Dual Gang pot shown in the photo for the Mid Frequency control. However, my kit came with a C100K Dual Gang pot for the Mid Frequency control. Does it make that much of a difference whether I install the C100K DG pot versus the B100K? I know there should be some difference in how the control acts since one is a reverse taper pot and the other is a standard linear pot. Do I need to request a B100K Dual Gang pot sent to me from BYOC or am I OK to use the reverse taper 100K pot?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:15 am 

As no one has chimed in yet, which is very disappointing, below are screenshots of the older instructions. The BYOC instruction archive does not even have this listed under "V1" but instead the "V1" version of the instructions is the same as the current version - very confusing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:34 am 
Site Admin

The C100k is good. You can use either C or B taper for that pot.

Please be more patient in the future. It can sometimes take 24hrs to get a response.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:59 am 

Thanks for the reply. I have been building BYOC pedals for years and got used to receiving a reply to build questions fairly quickly by one of the mods. I actually didn’t expect a reply by the site administrator, but I am quite appreciative for it!