Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A new convert
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:50 am 

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to commend BYOC on their products and services. I just completed my first build after having no real experience with electronics and soldering aside from a little work on my strat. My first kit was the Echo Royal (in retrospect, I should've started with a smaller pedal) and it actually worked the first time I plugged it in. Well... after I added the ICs to the empty sockets...

The instructions were clear, but they didn't hand-hold. I really appreciate that. I knew basically nothing about basic electronics. I got lost, I got frustrated, but I always ended up figuring it out. Luckily I didn't even need to refer to the forum, but after exploring it a bit, I know I would've been in good hands here. And now I'm much more confident in my abilities after just a single project.

So thank you to the BYOC team and I look forward to more awesome DIY electronics and participating in this wonderful community. I have truly been converted to the DIY guitar lifestyle 8) 8)

Post subject: Re: A new convert
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:57 am 

Welcome to your new addiction, as we like to say around here. I may be biased, but I truly believe that this is one of the absolute best forums for information, help, suggestions for circuits, etc. We have some spectacular builders here who will be able to help you figure out just about anything you will need to know. If you need anything specific to BYOC, feel free to reach out to us directly. You can use the contact form on the main site, or my email address in my signature.

Congrats on your first-build success. You're right, it's a bit of a hefty circuit, and I think it shows that you will 'fit in' just fine around this corner of the internet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:00 am 

martjn wrote:
...it actually worked the first time I plugged it in. Well... after I added the ICs to the empty sockets...

Been there, done that! :roll: :lol:

Welcome aboard. And don't be shy about using the forum--that's what we're here for.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:21 am 

Thanks guys! Making me feel welcome already!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:38 pm 

duhvoodooman wrote:
martjn wrote:
...it actually worked the first time I plugged it in. Well... after I added the ICs to the empty sockets...

Been there, done that! :roll: :lol:

Welcome aboard. And don't be shy about using the forum--that's what we're here for.

I live there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk