Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Thanks!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:48 pm 

Hi Guys at BYOC, just wanted to say thank you. You've supplied a pleasant distraction during this crazy time. I started dabbling in building pedals back in October and since then... well I've built more than a dozen.. I enjoy the creation and if I run into issues, the forums are excellent for getting top notch answers quickly. Thank you again. I will be looking daily to see what goes in and out of stock for lucky number 13.

Stay Safe
Ben

Post subject: Re: Thanks!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:45 am 

You're very welcome, Ben. And we'll be here for ya when it comes time to build "lucky #13!" :mrgreen:

So if we can be nosy....what are the 12 you've built and which is your favorite??

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

You're welcome!

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:26 pm 

I first get the building bug when I built a Custom telecaster last summer.., Then I built two cheap klone clones from amazon, one for a family member then one for me. Then I built one for a friend with a Lord of the Rings theme. After that I built two Carlin Compressor's from Denmark. I got those from Moody Sounds. An analog chorus from BYOC, Digital delay from Israel, a cheap delay from eBay, it actually doesn't even fit in the case because they screwed up the input and output jacks and the pictures are the opposite of the schematics so that was an interesting build... Then I did the spam themed BYOC Silver Pony 2, a BYOC Crown Jewel I was able to get from Moody Sounds, a Zeppelin Labs Quaverato, and lastly the Hendrix themed BYOC octave fuzz.

My favorite overall has to be a tie between the Crown Jewel and the Octave Fuzz. They came out great it taught be a lot about taking my time and paying attention to detail in both the build and the design and makeup of the decals.

I did buy a Classic Phaser tonight so when that gets here it will make 13.. I think I'm going to go with a Warhol Campbells soup theme! Not sure if there is a mod for adding a switch to make the thin script and bold script sounds switchable.

Thanks again

Ben

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:39 pm 

Carlinb17 wrote:
...Not sure if there is a mod for adding a switch to make the thin script and bold script sounds switchable.

That's the "Script vs. Block" mod--it's a piece of cake and it's right here: viewtopic.php?p=476702#p476702

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:46 pm 

That’s awesome, thank you, I just emailed support to see if I can add it to my order! I appreciate support!
duhvoodooman wrote:
Carlinb17 wrote:
...Not sure if there is a mod for adding a switch to make the thin script and bold script sounds switchable.

That's the "Script vs. Block" mod--it's a piece of cake and it's right here: viewtopic.php?p=476702#p476702