Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:35 pm 

I bought the blues driver and classic delay from BYOC. I’ve built multiple pedals before getting these. I followed the build document meticulously and my solder was good. But nothing.

I’m assuming it’s highly unlikely I got two bad pedal kits, but are there any common issues I need to check for beyond solder connections?

This is the first time I’ve used a stereo jack in a pedal. If I remove that for a mono and took out the battery, could that do it?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:48 pm 

Have you reflowed your solder joints? After 10 years, I still occasionally have to.

Got pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:36 pm 

Thanks for posting. We'll be glad to help. Ideally we would treat these as separate issues with separate threads. It is possible to give a few general pointers, but really we can't go very far without photos of the build.

That being said: my guess is that your problem is with the stereo jack. You need to ground the RING eyelet on the PCB since there is no ring tab on your jack. Do this by connecting it to the sleeve of one of the jacks. And the DC jack still has to be wired as shown in the instructions even though you don't plan to use a battery.

If that doesn't do the trick, we can proceed with troubleshooting threads. Make sure to answer the questions indicated in the instructions when posting those threads.

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:43 pm 

sjaustin wrote:
That being said: my guess is that your problem is with the stereo jack. You need to ground the RING eyelet on the PCB since there is no ring tab on your jack. Do this by connecting it to the sleeve of one of the jacks. And the DC jack still has to be wired as shown in the instructions even though you don't plan to use a battery.

^ This. The power grounds through that ring connection, so if you don't have that connected to a grounded point, no juice flows through the circuit.

Photos are still a real good idea!

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:35 am 

Thanks all. I posted the pics in delay tech help forum. I suspect it has to be a similar issue for both, so I'll see what advice I get there and see if it applies across