Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Happy Anniversary to Me!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:25 pm 

It has been exactly 1 year to the day since I ordered my first pedal kit, which by the way was a BYOC 'Blue Overdrive'. Without the help that I found in this forum, that would have been my last build as it was not functional when I had finished it. However within several hours of posting a few pictures and an explanation of what was happening, “duhvoodooman” pointed out that I had installed a JFET in backwards. Problem marked *RESOLVED* . That would not be my last encounter with “duhvoodooman” and many other moderators from this forum. And without their help and support I wouldn’t have reached, what is a milestone for me, the completion of my 25th pedal!
I would just like to thank everyone, moderators and members alike, for the continued support and encouragement to "keep on, keepin' on".
-=SteveO

Attachments:
2021 Pedal Projects.jpg
2021 Pedal Projects.jpg [ 912.41 KiB | Viewed 6674 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:15 pm 

Very well done, SteveO. It's been a while since we had a member take to it as hot as you did. Fun to watch! Here's to many more completed pedals in 2022.

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:23 pm 

Happy Pedal Building Anniversary, SteveO!

~Troy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:23 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for paying for my kid's braces SteveO!

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:04 pm 

byoc wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No doubt about it, Steve! In a year, you've gone from DIY novice to seasoned (and seriously addicted) solder jockey!! Glad that we were able to help a bit along the way! :mrgreen:

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:34 pm 

byoc wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy Anniversary! Keep on keepin on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:18 pm 

That's a seriously impressive year's work, Steve, and a good reminder to get off my ass and paint all of my "complete" but undecorated pedals... I might finish wiring up my Deluxe Reverb clone first, though :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:53 pm 

Well done SteveO. Very inspiring!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:48 am 

Thank you all! Looking forward to 2022 and possibly my first amp build. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:27 pm 

Dang, 25? Impressive!

I would echo all the same things about this community - most of my builds have issues, and I'm always surprised how well people (like duhvoodooman) can spot issues right away from the pics, and offer other sound advice that gets me to completion.

But seriously, 25 in a year! Hope you find time to play them as well ;-)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:45 pm 

Woohoo!!! Nice job! Those are some impressive looking builds. Can we expect to another another 25 by this time next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:43 pm 

jimilee wrote:
Woohoo!!! Nice job! Those are some impressive looking builds. Can we expect to another another 25 by this time next year?

Well I will finish #43 in the 10 or 12 days, depending on the weather (enclosure finishing etc) but unfortunately I will not hit the BIG FIVE O this year.
I have 2 amp kits "in the cart" at two different vendors... I will pull the trigger on one of them after the first of the year.
Stay tuned! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:15 pm 

SteveO wrote:
jimilee wrote:

Well I will finish #43 in the 10 or 12 days, depending on the weather (enclosure finishing etc) but unfortunately I will not hit the BIG FIVE O this year.
I have 2 amp kits "in the cart" at two different vendors... I will pull the trigger on one of them after the first of the year.

I’ve been looking into amp kits myself, might I ask which ones you’re set on at this point?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:12 pm 

BilboCarter wrote:
SteveO wrote:
jimilee wrote:

I’ve been looking into amp kits myself, might I ask which ones you’re set on at this point?

There are 2 sites I have my eyes on... however each day that passes their stock seems to be depleting. Mojo Tone and Stew Mac are the ones I am looking at. There is another at Tube Depot but they use circuit boards instead of the point to point type boards. Not sure how I feel about that at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:37 pm 

Just saw this. Amazing amount of pedals and they all look great. I have to work on my finishing and get one or 2 more finished. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:14 am 

tubeamp wrote:
Just saw this. Amazing amount of pedals and they all look great. I have to work on my finishing and get one or 2 more finished. :D

Thank you sir. I enjoy working with Photo Shop but wish I had a little bit better imagination when it comes to the actual art work. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:10 am 

SteveO wrote:
There are 2 sites I have my eyes on... however each day that passes their stock seems to be depleting. Mojo Tone and Stew Mac are the ones I am looking at. There is another at Tube Depot but they use circuit boards instead of the point to point type boards. Not sure how I feel about that at this point.

So I finished a MOD Electronics 102 kit. 12AX7 Preamp and EL84 Power amp tubes, 5W output. I love the sound. Definitely a fan of the brit tube amp sounds.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:41 am 

Hey, looks like the first installation of the "Guess the Pedals" contest! Give us a hint then--are they all BYOC?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:47 pm 

WMP1 wrote:
Hey, looks like the first installation of the "Guess the Pedals" contest! Give us a hint then--are they all BYOC?

They're getting some paint from one of my buddies that does autobody/paint/pinstriping soon. But left to right they are Spring Reverb, Classic Overdrive, and Leeds Fuzz. I've also built a Divided Octave and a Silver Pony that is on loan to a friend that I doubt I'll get back. So I ordered another Silver Pony Kit today, a classic Phaser Kit as a backup to my first BYOC pedal that a friend in college put together for me back in '05 or so, and one of the new Royal Flush kits because King of Tone....