Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Screamer Blend pot?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:19 am 

So - gathering info on mods and possiblities for my Screamer from the Beavis site and others. So much great information out there!

Anyway, one of the things I'd like to incorporate is a blend knob like the Sparkle Drive has - so I can mix the amount of overdrive and clean signal. Doesn't seem like it would be too complicated, but the only blend pots I can find are 250 & 500k guitar blend pots from Stewmac. Will these work or, if not, where can I find the proper part?

Also - any tips on wiring this up. It seems like the input signal needs to be split to run to the board and the pot - then the output signal from the board has to be run to the pot as well - and the pot then feeds the mixed output signal to the output jack.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:38 pm 

someone has suggested putting a pot wired as a variable resistor after the input buffer and before the output buffer, i've never done this but it could work. i prefer the clean blend that the sparkle drive uses though (i use it in the Pure Drive), because it blends in a boosted clean signal, and when its halfway its half clean half dirty but when its all the way up you get a perfect clean boost. its very involved though, and you definately wouldn't be able to simply "mod" a normal TS circuitboard to add the sparkle drive blend knob.

Try a 100k between the in and out buffers. this will only let you blend in some clean signal, and it might affect output volume and do other wierd things like that.

N.O.C.3 Effects!