Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:39 pm 

Hey guys, I wanted to try a mod where I get rid of the knobs all together and have the settings be everything turned up all the way. So basically all that would be visible on the top of the enclosure would be the stomp switch. Could I do this by just wiring resistors of the same value as what the knobs would be turned all the way up?

Here's a link to the schematic: http://byocelectronics.com/swedeschematic.pdf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:57 pm 

Depends on whether the pot is being used as a voltage divider or variable resistor. I suspect there are some of both use cases in the circuit. Also, if it's a VR, whether it's CW position is full resistance or 0 ohms.

Ill have a look at the schematic in a bit and see if I can add some input to get you started.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:42 pm 

michaelballard wrote:
Depends on whether the pot is being used as a voltage divider or variable resistor. I suspect there are some of both use cases in the circuit. Also, if it's a VR, whether it's CW position is full resistance or 0 ohms.

Ill have a look at the schematic in a bit and see if I can add some input to get you started.

Sweet, thanks man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:17 am 

Okay, looks like they're all set up like a voltage divider. So, each place on the PCB where you would normally solder a pot, connect a resistor equal to the original pot value between pins 1 and 2 and a jumper between pins 2 and 3.

So -

Drive:
1 --250k-- 2 --jmpr-- 3

Volume, Low, and High:
1 --10k-- 2 --jmpr-- 3

Make sense?

Also, and this is just my opinion, you might consider leaving the volume pot intact or replacing it with a trimpot in case you need to adjust for different amps.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:07 pm 

michaelballard wrote:
Okay, looks like they're all set up like a voltage divider. So, each place on the PCB where you would normally solder a pot, connect a resistor equal to the original pot value between pins 1 and 2 and a jumper between pins 2 and 3.

So -

Drive:
1 --250k-- 2 --jmpr-- 3

Volume, Low, and High:
1 --10k-- 2 --jmpr-- 3

Make sense?

Also, and this is just my opinion, you might consider leaving the volume pot intact or replacing it with a trimpot in case you need to adjust for different amps.

For sure that's a good call I'll probably do the trimpot idea.
And okay sweet, so the resistor would go in place of lugs 1 & 2 and then I'd have a jumper going from 2 to 3 correct?
Thanks again man!