Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:18 am 

First off, I'm not sure this is the right section for this topic. Moderators - feel free to move the post as you see fit (not that you need my permission!)

I have been kicking around the idea of taking the settings I am using for my Crown Jewel drive side and making that it's own circuit. Ideally, I would like it in a smaller enclosure to free up a little space on my board for something new. I don't need the boost section because I'm using a Green Pony for a boost.

I am a beginner at identifying sections in a schematic. I can read them and know where points connect, but I am concerned about removing parts of the circuit that are necessary. Is this something you all would be interested in helping out with?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:02 am 
Site Admin

I could see getting rid of the boost section and all the toggle switches. And even the presence knob. That shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

All the tone knobs are linear taper, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out those as well. They are B100k. So if you like the bass knob at 60% then you'd replace it with a 60k and 40k resistor. And so on for the others. The Mid Freq knob is a reverse audio taper, so you'd actually have to measure the resistance, but it's a 100k pot as well, so the same concept applies.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:19 am 

byoc wrote:
I could see getting rid of the boost section and all the toggle switches. And even the presence knob. That shouldn't be too difficult to figure out.

All the tone knobs are linear taper, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out those as well. They are B100k. So if you like the bass knob at 60% then you'd replace it with a 60k and 40k resistor. And so on for the others. The Mid Freq knob is a reverse audio taper, so you'd actually have to measure the resistance, but it's a 100k pot as well, so the same concept applies.

You're definitely on the same page I am with fixing the presence and mid q settings. I would like to keep the 3 band eq. I imagine the pot layout would match the Chancellor?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:24 am 

I also just thought that the soft touch switch/relay could be eliminated as well. I'll post my settings when I get home from work.