Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: AC128's
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:56 pm 

Anybody happen to know if the AC128's that mammoth sell are any good. They seem to be on the cheaper side of what i'm finding, and none of my local places have any. I'm looking to build a Fuzz factory and would really like to use the AC128's to keep it the same.

If they are good i'll probably order them even though I get killed on the shipping to canada! I just want something reliable.

Post subject: Re: AC128's
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:37 pm 

Can't speak to the quality of Mammoth's AC128's (though I am very curious to find out from someone).

But FYI, when checking-out at Mammoth, make sure you click the other shipping options dropbox. Go with USPS, not UPS to ship to Canada.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:59 pm 

loves_guitar wrote:
Can't speak to the quality of Mammoth's AC128's (though I am very curious to find out from someone).

But FYI, when checking-out at Mammoth, make sure you click the other shipping options dropbox. Go with USPS, not UPS to ship to Canada.

My hesitation on that is that it says it can up to two months! Seems like a long time. Have you used that option with good result? I also didn't order them from Mammoth this time. I went the ebay route. I do still have to make an order from Mammoth though, so I might pick up two more of the AC128's just to try them out.

I see you are in Vancouver. Small world, Didn't know there was anyone else on here from vancouver, I know that Ducttaperiot is from victoria though. Sweet!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:12 pm 

Man, next time I am over there we will have to meet up!

I have ordered from Mammoth plenty of times, I always use the USPS option, and it is always there in like 1.5 weeks, 2 max??

Never never NEVER order anything UPS, you are going to get majorly screwed on the "Customs processing fees". The last time i used UPS they charged $65 customs processing on a $175 order (that already included $25 of shipping).

I just discovered something really cool, if your order with Mouser is big enough (I think it is over $200) they will give you free shipping AND pay the customs fees!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:17 pm 

Hey! Sounds good! I'll let ya know next time i'm in Victoria.

I've ordered from Mammoth before and I'm pretty sure i chose the Ups option that time and it came within the week. This time however I've been waiting over two weeks now and I'm at a stand still on my builds. It's driving me crazy. Next order i'm going USPS.

I was also thinking about having it sent to a place in Point Roberts called TsbShipping. You can use there US address and pay barely any shipping, just have to go pick it up. That's the downside, but I was thinking if i organized it with getting stuff from various places and had it all sent there i could do one trip. we'll see.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:26 pm 

Man, I have looked into that Pt Roberts thing, and especially if a person is willing to try to bring the stuff back over the boarder without declaring it, you could save an absolute bucket load on shipping and customs fees.

Also definitely hit me up if you are in Vic (that goes for anyone!), i would love to meet up with other pedal geeks, I even have a jam space for us to go noodle around in.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:57 pm 

I think I would still declare it, even though I may have to pay customs or duties, just the time saving factor and the low shipping cost would be worth it for me. I'm also not ordering a ton of stuff, so I doubt I would even have to pay duty on it.

I will definitely hit you up next time i'm there. My in-laws live part time in Fernwood and in Van the other time, so i get over there a fair bit. Although it's only been once this past year that I've had a chance to be there. I love it there.