Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:20 pm 

Hello!

I'm new to this board and cool hobby. I built a BYOC Blues Breaker and love the sound and it was super fun.

I have kits for the FET Preamp, Silver Pony and Tremolo to be built. For the enclosure, I read Pedal Parts Plus does good, professional style printing.

(1) Has anyone sent their unfinished/unbuilt BYOC enclosures to this company (or any other) and what was your experience?
(2) Does it make more sense just to order new enclosures (predrilled since I have no tools) with my designs printed on them? Related question, what is the BYOC 125 mold and how does it compare to other commercially available boxes.
(3) Can someone quickly walk me through any recommendations for the types of finishes look and work the best.

THANKS!!
Dan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:13 pm 

I have had PPP powder coat and print a bunch of enclosures for me, but none are from BYOC. I don't think that they would have any problem with you sending your own in to be powder coated and printed, but you would need to check with them first. To have them drill the enclosures requires very precise measurements. I honestly think it would be easier to send them the enclosures if they will let you. There is a fairly steep learning curve with making printable graphics if you are not well versed in that sort of thing. But I did write a tutorial on how I accomplish this, using a free vector editing program called, Inkscape. Send me a message if you would like a copy.

I painted, made water-slide decals, and clear coated all of my BYOC projects. I don't have plans to do anything but UV printing anymore. The results are production quality and durabilty, without the danger of a stray gust of wind ruining the finish while painting/clear-coating in my garage.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:56 am 

Another option is to look at Mammoth Electronics. They offer many of the BYOC enclosures pre-drilled and you can select from their color options for powder coating. The downside is that this enclosure purchase would be an additional cost to the kit, and this would not allow for any custom artwork.

For artwork the minimum purchase quantity is 10 enclosures.

Scroll the drilling options all the way to the bottom for BYOC options.

http://www.mammothelectronics.com/4S125B-p/500-1002.htm