Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:38 pm 

I average about 5-10 builds a year. I'm trying to buy larger quantities of components without buying too much stock wasteful. What do you guys think of these?

Resistors. I figure w/73 values I'm pretty well covered.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N1 ... MN7O&psc=1

LEDs: Looks like plenty variety for status and clipping LED options. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MY ... 1BY6&psc=1

Anyone have a good film or box cap option?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:42 pm 

I’m a big fan of Small Bear Electronics for this kind of thing. They sell jewel cases with multiples of 8 (I think) common values. You can get them for most parts: film caps, electrolytic caps, ICs, etc. I’m on mobile, but I can try to grab a couple links for you when I’m at my computer and it’s a little easier.

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:30 am 

sjaustin wrote:
I’m a big fan of Small Bear Electronics for this kind of thing. They sell jewel cases with multiples of 8 (I think) common values. You can get them for most parts: film caps, electrolytic caps, ICs, etc. I’m on mobile, but I can try to grab a couple links for you when I’m at my computer and it’s a little easier.

Thanks I saw that! It looks like they only come in multiples of 100 for the resistors which is a bit more than I have space for. I’ll check on the capacitors though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:15 am 

standingzero wrote:
sjaustin wrote:

Thanks I saw that! It looks like they only come in multiples of 100 for the resistors which is a bit more than I have space for. I’ll check on the capacitors though.

Yeah, the resistors are either one at a time or bags of 100 or 200. They don't do the type of kit I'm talking about for resistors, but they do for many other types of components; here is the page you want to look through. (Note there are three pages of these on the site.)

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:34 pm 

sjaustin wrote:
standingzero wrote:
sjaustin wrote:

Yeah, the resistors are either one at a time or bags of 100 or 200. They don't do the type of kit I'm talking about for resistors, but they do for many other types of components; here is the page you want to look through. (Note there are three pages of these on the site.)

Thanks man! I'll look through it for sure!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:10 am 

Futurlec is not bad either:

https://www.futurlec.com/ValuePacks.shtml

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk