Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:16 pm 

Hello,

Sorry if this question has been asked, but could not find it in another post. When soldering the resistors on to the 5-knob, I noticed my solder flowed from the pad I was working on to another closely adjacent one. The resistors in question are a set of 4. If you look at the sheep screen printed on the circuit board, they are the two right above the head and the two directly to the right of them. They are (in clockwise order starting with closest to sheep head) 10k, 27k, 10k, and 10k. The right pad of the 27k is touching the left of the 10k and the same for the pair below (on the top, the pads are touching as well). Is this OK? Is this by design? I assume so since the printed circuits don't go anywhere from the ones touching except to the other resistor.

Thanks!

- Mike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:35 am 

That's fine, those pads between the pairs of resistors are joined ... as long as you have both resistors thru the holes before you solder it so you don't block up the hole accidentally, that'll be ok ... just ensure that you're not flowing 'too much' solder on there ...

Your solder joints don't need to be any bigger that this ...

Pic courtesy of Stephen ... from Stephen's tips for a successful build ... I see this is your first post (and assuming, maybe wrongly, that you're new to all this) ... these tips by Stephen are invaluable and have helped many, many people.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:20 am 

Thanks Naz, I went ahead with the build and appears to be working! Thanks!

- mike