Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:46 pm 

C5 is backwards, on the schematic and PCB.

The circuit works with C5 backwards, but the sound and feel are just not right. I corrected mine and now it's my favorite pedal. (FWIW, mine is built as a Dynacomp, not Ross, but that part of the circuit is the same.)

Replace your C5 with a new cap installed the opposite way and you'll be glad you did. I contacted BYOC about the error and hopefully they will correct it soon.

Rock on.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:13 am 

Has this been resolved? Looking at the schematic at byocelectronics.com/2knobcompinstructions.pdf I see that c5 is still backwards. Has the pcb been updated though? I just started building my first pedal, and I want to have this comp be as accurate of a ross clone as possible.

Can you upload an image of the pcb that indicates the location of c5? I'm new to schematics and can't figure out how to locate c5 on the pcb from viewing the schematic.

Thanks,
Nick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 am 

Don’t know if any updates have been made. Maybe one of the other mods will chime in on that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:34 am 

Oh rad. This is the location I was pretty sure was right but wanted to verify.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:05 am 

I have the 2 knob comp, my first build, and I did a little research and found that most other Ross clone schematics do indeed have that Capacitor reversed in their designs. However, I don't claim to be a circuit guru by any means and perhaps having it that way is by design for this particular version (BYOC). I have always felt that my build didn't really compress the way I imagined it would. Has anyone heard updates about this situation? I don't have a cap to swap out and switch orientation with (can I just use the one in there now, or could it be damaged from being backwards?), so I can't try it at the moment, but was curious if anyone has investigated.

Cheers!