Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 am 

I recently built a 5 Knob Compressor kit that I picked about years ago. It's not my first kit, but first in several years.

Everything seems to be working fine, except that the overall level is very soft. I get no sound from the pedal until the level is at about 2 o'clock and it doesn't match the bypassed volume of the amp until it's completely clockwise (at which point it's still softer than the bypassed sound, but closer).

I think I've read the compressors will have an effect on volume, but is it normal to get no sound from the pedal until the level knob is way past noon?

I have photos if relevant, but they're too large to upload. Perhaps the big thing to confirm is that, yes, the level pot is the A100K.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:24 am 

That would not be a normal response for the level control, no. Where do you have the sustain knob set? These two controls will be interactive with each other and will both affect output volume.

For the photos, you have a couple options. You can upload them elsewhere (Imgur, Dropbox, Google Drive) and then share a link, or you can resize them using software on your computer or an online editing tool, of which there are several. I recommend a size of around 1000 pixels in the longer dimension.

My band, Austin Hollow