Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:58 am 

I just finished soldering all of the components to the PCB. On the right side of the IC chip, there is a 100k and 33k resistor. The eyelets are super close when soldering on the back, and it looks like they may be bridged. I checked both resistors from the top of the PCB and they are measuring correctly so I think I’m OK. I guess I’m just wanting to confirm before I start wiring the rest of the pedal up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:12 am 

Those resistors are connected in the circuit, so even if there is a solder bridge, it is only duplicating what is already occurring on the PCB. (Take a quick glance at the schematic and find the only 33k marking; you may be able to tell that it is connected to a 100k marking even if you don't know how to read schematics.)

A general note: it is not usually reliable to measure resistors after they are installed on the PCB. Doesn't matter in this case, but keep it in mind for future troubleshooting.

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:30 am 

Thanks for the quick reply Scott. This is my first mini pedal build and things are much closer. :mrgreen: I’ll take a look at the schematic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:59 am 

I finished up the pedal and I love the sound of it but, it is quite a bit more noisy than my Wampler Mini-Ego. I have it biased at 1.7 V. I like it set with the blend knob at 9-10 o’clock, and volume knob at 12-1 o’clock. That seems to be right at unity gain.

I’m just curious if others have had the same results with the noise. I know all compressors add noise to the signal chain but, I was hoping this one would have less noise than my Wampler.