Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:40 pm 

Hi all,

my first pedal so forgive me if anything obvious or elementary here... I tried to troubleshoot myself to no avail.

I have attached pictures, but basically I get power, I get response from the output jack as far as the volume and blend knobs are responsive. but I do not get any bypass instrument signal, and no signal when on.

So something with the input jack I figured... but I re-wired all that and double-checked without success.

Thanks in advance!
Joe Boes

Attachments:
File comment: Wiring - jacks
IMG_1879.jpg
IMG_1879.jpg [ 135.92 KiB | Viewed 1098 times ]
File comment: PCB front
IMG_1881.jpg
IMG_1881.jpg [ 174.79 KiB | Viewed 1098 times ]
File comment: Wiring - both sides
IMG_1884.jpg
IMG_1884.jpg [ 171.85 KiB | Viewed 1098 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:05 am 

BoesPronounBass wrote:
I get power, I get response from the output jack as far as the volume and blend knobs are responsive. but I do not get any bypass instrument signal, and no signal when on.

I'm not sure I'm following you here. You're saying you get no signal in bypass or when on. Can you clarify how can you tell the volume and blend knobs are responsive if you get no signal in either bypass or effect mode?

Also, have you tested it with the enclosure open? With these small enclosures, it's common to cause a short when everything is buttoned up and packed in tightly.

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:08 am 

Since the bypass signal path doesn't go through the effect circuit, its absence is almost always due to a problem with the I/O jack wiring or at the footswitch. It would be helpful to have a photo or two that clearly shows the I/O jack wiring at both the jack and PCB ends. If that checks out, focus on the footswitch soldering which looks pretty gnarly.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:52 pm 

No signal on bypass is correct. I figured it would be with I/O and I’ll get better solder in the switch too (need something thicker I think as the 0.6 wasn’t working good. It’s on the way so will try working with that and double check I/O. My li’l fuzz is have my same issue so whatever is wrong I think I am doing it consistently haha.

As far as how I can tell the effect… we’ll if I am plugged in I can hear in the noise/static a response to both pots. So that might indicate maybe that my output jack is OK? And the issue is the Input jack or the switch probably?

Thanks so much! I’ll get some closer/better photos up of those areas of paying some attention to that doesn’t resolve.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:38 am 

Just wanted to post a reply thank you to the community for the help! I got both my Li'l Fuzz and my Mimosa Jr. pedals working wonderfully now and had a blast making them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:39 am 

Great news! Enjoy the new pedals! :mrgreen:

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2