Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:50 pm 

I finished up my build of the echo royal and have this weirdest issue. All the delay functionality works; delay time, repeats, ets. But the sonics of the delayed notes/information is lacking all sonic clarity. It sounds like there is low pass filter and really muddy. That's the best way I can explain it. Here are the pictures of my build if you need to know anymore I'll be happy to explain more. Thank you!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sjvvk7rvi80ycvw/IMG_3739.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgalqh5v9jmkzz5/IMG_3738.jpg?dl=0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:09 am 
Site Admin

There is a low pass filter. Several of them. It should sound like an analog delay even though it is digital. So I'm not sure if what you are experiencing is normal and you just don't like it, or if there is actually something wrong.

You can try swapping the PT2399 chips around. Sometimes that helps.

If it is rolling off too much of your high frequency, my first guess would be that you have a component value or two mixed up in the low pass filter section. I didn't notice anything out of place in your pics, but I also can't verify the capacitor values, and some of the resistors are hiding behind other components. So double check component values. Especially look for 100k resistors in place of 10k resistors. Sometimes it's hard to tell the orange and red bands apart.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:00 pm 

byoc wrote:
There is a low pass filter. Several of them. It should sound like an analog delay even though it is digital. So I'm not sure if what you are experiencing is normal and you just don't like it, or if there is actually something wrong.

You can try swapping the PT2399 chips around. Sometimes that helps.

If it is rolling off too much of your high frequency, my first guess would be that you have a component value or two mixed up in the low pass filter section. I didn't notice anything out of place in your pics, but I also can't verify the capacitor values, and some of the resistors are hiding behind other components. So double check component values. Especially look for 100k resistors in place of 10k resistors. Sometimes it's hard to tell the orange and red bands apart.

I just tried swapping the chips and the same. It sounds like there is a LPF at around 200hz. Next step to spend the time to double checking each of the resistors. Thanks!!!