Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:48 pm 

Greeting,

Trying to figure out what version of this PCB I have. I bought an Analog Vibrato back in 2014 (PCB, not kit) and just recently got around to building it. I saved the build doc from back then and it makes a note between steps 12 & 13 that some of the older boards had a mistake and need a jumper. It notes that "The newer boards will not have any cuts on them and should be be marked "V2" on the underside"

Well, my board doesnt seem to have any cuts that I can see, but there is also no V2 markings on the back.

I'm having trouble getting it to work. At first I thought maybe my A733 might have had the wrong pinout since I had found that someone else had this problem. I ordered some A733s from you guys (not shipped yet) but in the meantime I swapped the collector and base pins on the ones I had but that didnt seem to work either. I tried to test the power on the sockets on the chips but when I removed the ICs and powered it up, my 2SC945 started smoking.....haha, yikes.

Anyway, I am not a novice builder (built probably 60 pedals and a few synths) but doesnt mean I dont have a rookie mistake here.

Can you take a look at these pics and determine if I have an older board and need the jumper? I dont expect you to examine everything, just trying to rule out the PCB potential issue.

Excuse the flux :oops:

Appreciate the help!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:17 pm 

The version would be this one from 2006, which uses the BA6110 IC: https://byocelectronics.com/vibeinstructions.pdf

Unfortunately, I have no experience with that particular version, but I'll ask Keith to take a look and see if he can spot a problem or provide other helpful advice.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:30 pm 

duhvoodooman wrote:
The version would be this one from 2006, which uses the BA6110 IC: https://byocelectronics.com/vibeinstructions.pdf

Unfortunately, I have no experience with that particular version, but I'll ask Keith to take a look and see if he can spot a problem or provide other helpful advice.

Thanks, yes this is the build doc I have. Just trying to figure out which PCB I have since it looks like there was at least 2 different ones with this doc. One that had a mistake that needed a jumper and then one that was corrected. I am just not seeing the V2 on the underside of mine so thats where the confusion is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

I'm pretty sure you have the V.2 board that doesn't need anything cut on it. I'm looking at the CAD and there's no "V2" markings on the most recent CAD, which was almost 10 years ago.

This is for all intents and purposes, the same as the current version. There is nothing special about the 733 and 945 transistors. The current version uses the BA6110 and more common transistors with a different pinout. So you should follow normal trouble shooting procedures. Start with voltages at the 4558. Remove the BBD and place a jumper between pins 3 and 7.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com