Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:19 pm 

I think I have every issue I could find while searching through the forum, but here it goes -

I have a Rev 1 board, will power up with AC adaptor or battery (LED functions and will pass signal) -- once plugged in, it will hum/buzz -- then it will slowly go away, then come back. I have tapped and wiggled wires and various components, but it will not cease the buzzing. Unplugging the Input cable will cause the buzz/hum to cease, different cable or guitar makes no difference, buzz/hum returns.
So to trouble shoot, I unplugged the unit and removed the battery for a period of time, plugged it all back in and NO buzz or hum -- BUT the Envelope section is acting incorrectly. The sensitivity is VERY sensitive, and as the level of the filtered sound decreases I hear a bit of distortion and unwanted crackle in the signal until the signal completely fades away. When switched to Fixed, everything works as advertised. THEN the buzz begins out of no where - no amount of wiggling or tapping or cable swapping will eliminate it.

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:52 am 

Did you do the two board modifications as directed on page 4 of the instructions. Assuming that you did so, did you check with a multimeter to confirm that there is no continuity between points on either side of the trace cut?

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2