Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:29 pm 

Hi

This is my second build unfortunately wasn't as successful as my first one.

* Here is the link to my pedal pics https://picasaweb.google.com/106966258930068085511/September22011?authuser=0&feat=directlink

* bypass is working ok

* the LED works ok

* Battery is ok (it works with other pedals). I also used a visual sound 1-spot to try.

* When the pedal is turned on for the first time it kind of sounds like it should do for a few seconds (with some other funny noises). then the sound goes away until it dissapears.

After that the pedal will only mute the signal. moving pots and switch does anything except for the sensitivity control. when turned all the way up i get a hint of my guitar sound with some kind of distortion.

If I let the pedal unplugged (battery also) for a while and then I plug it again it "works" for a few seconds (at least it does some sounds =p ).

Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:29 pm 

Nothing is immediately jumping out at me from the pics, but one thing I might be concerned about is the back of the pots that are under the circuit board. It's possible something is shorting out to ground. You might try using a few little pieces of electrical tap on the back of the pots to insulate them from the circuit board and see if that helps.

Past that, it's late and I can't quite make out any problems.