Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:27 am 

I just finished building up my first BYOC pedal- the envelope filter from the original pcb and kit. While the pedal works and sounds great, there are a few little things that I'd like to fix up and I'm not sure how to go about it.

The main thing I noticed after lurking the forum a bit is the lack of sensitivity knob on the original design. I find that single note licks on the higher strings (B, E) don't get picked up by the filter. Is there a way to increase sensitivity in the original PCB (as I imagine this is what's affecting my sound)? Could there be a problem in my assembly?

Thanks in advance and please let me know if you need any other pictures.

Attachment:
photo.JPG
photo.JPG [ 208.24 KiB | Viewed 2217 times ]

Attachment:
photo (1).JPG
photo (1).JPG [ 193.53 KiB | Viewed 2217 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:38 pm 
The envelope followers in this type of pedal are often more sensitive than your ears. It may be that you need to adjust the pickups / pole pieces on your guitar to even out its output volume across the strings.
You should also be aware that running the guitar with the tone control rolled off even a touch will cut the output from the high strings so the Envelope Filter will not respond to the higher notes. Also any pedals run in front of the Envelope Filter that change the raw guitar tone will affect its response.