Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:18 pm 

bypass works. led lights up. no sound out suddenly. worked on pedal board with voodoo labs pedal power and bat now nothin. please help really clean build no mess. did my pedal power burn it out? if so what now.......

So i have re touched my soldering that i thought was great at first. Triple checked my positioning of parts on board all correct. Nothing changed. You strum really hard and it barley cuts thru. Atack works fine it swells your hard strum correct. bypassed switch and sens pot and still same prob so i think its on the board. Trim pot and sensitivity do nothing to help. It worked great for a few then this. Please give idea where to look on board

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:21 am 
That pedal has a single transistor input stage and a single transistor output buffer stage. The swell control is performed between them by an FET - T6 a 2N5457 or K30.
You could temporarily remove the FET and if you then get normal signal when the pedal is active you know that the input and output path through the buffers is OK.

You could check the top of D4 to see if you have 5.6V bias for the FET.

Unfortunately this kit does not seem the come with a socket for the 741, otherwise you could try just swapping the op-amp out for a fresh one. Check pin 6 of the 741 - it should be at about 4.5V.

Providing you used 9V external power with negative centre on the power connector that should have been fine. I know this is a standard output on the Voodoo supply.

Otherwise to provide more help we need large clear pictures of both sides of the PCB and of the jack and other wiring.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:34 pm 

So found prob.. Bad or sticky sens pot from byoc.. Same brand at radio shack so new one in and all is great aven did the 100k atk mod verry happy. After getting frustrated i moved pot back and forth agrro style and boom all my sig back. Thanks for help