Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:26 pm 

Hey all,
Having some issue with my Tremelo bypass not working. When switch on (and plugged in) LED comes on Tremelo and all knobs work fine. Click off, no sound. I had seen a continuity thread from a few years ago, traced it but it said there was a connection between Lug 9 and Lug 8 on the switch. If I place a wire between those, the bypass comes through. BUT, if I switch pedal on, then the tremolo doesn't work with the wire in place. I even replaced the switch and it does the same thing.

This is what your initial post should include:

Attachments:
IMG_1256.jpeg
IMG_1256.jpeg [ 154.22 KiB | Viewed 5126 times ]
IMG_1255.jpeg
IMG_1255.jpeg [ 127.56 KiB | Viewed 5126 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:26 pm 

What about between lug 4and 9? Clean signal should come in on lug 4->9->8 and out to jack. When the pedal is engaged, it should go lug 4->7->8 and out to Jack. Lug 5 is effect send lug 7 is effect return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:35 am 

On clean, I get Lug 4 -> 9, but not 9 -> 8.
When enagaged I get 4 -> 5 but nothing from 4 -> 7.

jimilee wrote:
What about between lug 4and 9? Clean signal should come in on lug 4->9->8 and out to jack. When the pedal is engaged, it should go lug 4->7->8 and out to Jack. Lug 5 is effect send lug 7 is effect return.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:18 pm 

bcleonard wrote:
On clean, I get Lug 4 -> 9, but not 9 -> 8.
When enagaged I get 4 -> 5 but nothing from 4 -> 7.

jimilee wrote:

I’m sorry, I meant 4->8. That’s the effect working. So nothing on 8&9 when it’s not engaged? Sounds like the foot switch, do you get continuity on 2->3 and 5->6 when it’s not engaged? The way the 3pdt switch works is the top row closest to the effect is corrected to the center row, and unengaged, the center and the bottom row.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:34 pm 

When not engaged, I get continuity from 2 -> 3 and from 5 ->6. Crazy thing is that I don't get 4 -> 8 when engaged and the effect is working! When engaged, I do get 4 -> 6 -> 5, then I don't get it coming back on 7 or 8. I am totally confused. I can send better images of my switch if you think that would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote][/quote]I’m sorry, I meant 4->8. That’s the effect working. So nothing on 8&9 when it’s not engaged? Sounds like the foot switch, do you get continuity on 2->3 and 5->6 when it’s not engaged? The way the 3pdt switch works is the top row closest to the effect is corrected to the center row, and unengaged, the center and the bottom row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:02 pm 

What happens is, signal comes in from the input jack to lug 4 then lug 5 sends the signal to your effect board and returns to lug 7. Lug 8 goes to your output jack. 1,2,3 and 6 are usually ground. If you aren’t getting continuity between lug 8 and 9, your signal isn’t getting past lug 9. That’s why you have no clean signal out. This usually happens if you over heat your stomp switch, or your jumper is not right, but you confirmed it. An audio probe would be the easiest tool to make sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:07 am 

Thanks for the tips! I will be getting an audio probe this week and update on the findings!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:57 am 

bcleonard wrote:
Thanks for the tips! I will be getting an audio probe this week and update on the findings!

My money is on the stomp got overheated. You can build an audio probe pretty easily. The instructions are around here somewhere. You can google it too.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:40 am 

jimilee wrote:
You can build an audio probe pretty easily. The instructions are around here somewhere.

Signal tester kit: https://buildyourownclone.com/collectio ... gnaltester

Build instructions: http://byocelectronics.com/signaltesterinstructions.pdf

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:08 am 

Per usual, the experts and moderators are super helpful!! There was a shortage between lug 9 and lug 8, identified using the audio probe from BYOC. I preemptively ordered 5 new 3 PDT switches before finding this shortage. I replaced the switch that appeared defective. Now the pedal works perfectly on bypass and when engaged. Love it!!!! Thank you so much jimilee and duhvoodooman, you guys are great!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:59 am 

bcleonard wrote:
Per usual, the experts and moderators are super helpful!! There was a shortage between lug 9 and lug 8, identified using the audio probe from BYOC. I preemptively ordered 5 new 3 PDT switches before finding this shortage. I replaced the switch that appeared defective. Now the pedal works perfectly on bypass and when engaged. Love it!!!! Thank you so much jimilee and duhvoodooman, you guys are great!
congratulations man!!!