Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:41 pm 

So I built it found the light wasnt very bright so I took a coin battery to test the led led works fine with the battery re flowed connection checked that it was installed per the diagram and it was in correctly. So I decided to check my joints one more time confermed the power supply polarity was correct check the pots to make sure they were in the correct position. If I run 18 it's slightly brighter the led but still have to crank it to get sound, so I tested the switch and it was switch was good getting power on all parts I'm at a loss now what to do next bias works fine low volume when on and light very dim. Thanks I'm going crazy over here lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:12 pm 

A good place to start is with a set of photos. Please make them large, well-lit and well-focused shots of BOTH sides of the PCB and all of the jack & switch wiring.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:32 pm 

Nope cant the website wont allow me to I need permission and I made them smaller and it still wont upload to the point of it looking like modern art and it wont upload . I understand theres alot of people who domt post pics but let's get off on the right foot here. With all due respect. I feel like I can do this myself thanks anyways I'm just being lazy. It's not rocket science. Thanks anyways no reply required.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:36 am 

The board photo upload feature can be a little tricky. You can always post them to Imgur or Dropbox or Google Drive and drop the links in your post. The reality is that it is often nearly impossible to help without seeing photos. Much like asking a mechanic to tell you the problem with your car without letting them open the hood.

If you want to strike out on your own, that's your prerogative. I'd be checking the value of the current limiting resistor. Should be a 4.7k near the LED. If that one's too high, it would make the LED dim, and you'd likely have a wrong value somewhere else, which could easily be the cause of low volume. We could tell for sure if you post those photos.

My band, Austin Hollow