Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:20 am 

Hello Again, A new problem has popped up. I reflowed the solder and everything was working perfectly...... a good thing. Love the pedal.... I had been running only on batteries but last night took it on it's first gig., plugged into my pedal board, hooked up the pedal power and in any mode it distorted. Disconnected the power cable and it worked great. Sounded clean so I used it on battereis all night no problems. After the gig, hooked the power back up, it distorted again. ????? Any suggestions on what might be the culprit? I'd really like to have it runnig on the pedal board power.

As a matter of note... SKB pedalboard, also powering a Dan-Echo, and a Digitech Chorus Factory, and a Visual Sound Route 66 pedal. Not of the other pedals seem to disort besides the Route 66 of course but it is suppose to distort. LOL....

Any help would be appreciated... thanks,
Wayne

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:39 pm 

I guess nobody else is having this problem. No one want to take a shot at it?

I reflowed the solder ..again.....checked and verified each component;s value and proper placement. Still distorts on pedal power only.... I even tried a different pedalboard.....same problem.

Help !!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeeeeee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:25 pm 

The sound you're hearing is distortion and not humming/buzzing/hissing, correct? I'd suggest checking your power supply with a volt meter - it could be putting out more than 9V.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:31 pm 

Sorry I missed your original post.

There have been several threads in the past relating to noises when using power supplies on the Triboost. Usually, they are hum/hiss noises and are worst on the Germanium mode.

You said it sounds fine with the battery, and only acts up with the PS? Jooooosh's tip is a good place to start. Verify it only has a 9V output. After that, try running just the "power supplied" Triboost into your amp...no other pedals. If the problem goes away, start putting pedals back in the loop untill you find out which one makes it come back. At that point, you will know which pedal does not like the Triboost. Sometimes other pedals just don't get along with the Triboost.

Keith had made the point before that using batteries in a Triboost in not a big deal. The pedal has a very low current draw and will not eat batteries like some other pedals.

Let us know what you find.
Dan