Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:42 pm 

I'm building the wah drop in kit and putting into a Dunlop Crybaby enclosure from the mid '80's. The circutboard won't fit because the bolts that fasten the flat spring are too long. They protrude into the area where the board needs to go. The original board was smaller and didn't extend far enough for those bolts to get in the way. What can I do? I'm thinking that I can either replace the bolts with shorter bolts or cut the bolts with a bolt cutter. The problem with replacing the bolts is that the space between the top and base is so small that it is not clear that I can get in there to put in the shorter replacement bolts. The problem with using bolt cutters to make them shorter is that I don't own bolt cutters and buying a pair would be almost as much as buying a new enclosure. Moreover, I'm not sure I could get the necessary angle due to the sides of the enclosure. Help!

Best,

Martin

Post subject: correction
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:04 pm 

I should amend my original post. The original board fits not because it is smaller but because it has holes cut out of it to accomodate the bolts.

Best,

Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:29 am 

I would go with shorter bolts. I make them as short as possible, as a matter of fact. Someone else on here took their enclosure appart to sand it down to the bare metal for a repaint. They said that there is a way that you can tap out the axle pin that holds the moving treadle part of the enclosure from the base. They said something about using a hammer and a large nail to gently tap the axle pin out and it worked just fine. I'm sure you could get the axle pin back in, in much the same way too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:40 am 

mantas68 wrote:
I would go with shorter bolts. I make them as short as possible, as a matter of fact. Someone else on here took their enclosure appart to sand it down to the bare metal for a repaint. They said that there is a way that you can tap out the axle pin that holds the moving treadle part of the enclosure from the base. They said something about using a hammer and a large nail to gently tap the axle pin out and it worked just fine. I'm sure you could get the axle pin back in, in much the same way too.

I used a stout nail and chopped off the tip.
If i was going to do this again (anybody want an enclosure sanded??) I would use a long bolt, the nail was easily bent.