Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: wah and distortion
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:59 pm 

Hi,

Ive recently finished my wah build, and it works great. Only problem is trying to pair it with some distortion. Sorry to open up a new thread, but Ive searched and read all the posts on this and still don't quite get it.

When ever I put the Scrambled Octave or Rat pedals before the wah, I get tons of crackling and popping. If I put them after the wah, not so much crackling, but just some gnarly sonic spikes from time to time. I would prefer to put the distortion before the wah, as it sounds good minus all the popping and crackling. When i use the wah and distortion separately i don't have any unwanted noise or issues. Just when they are paired.

I think the buffer vol is for output unity gain. However, is there a sweet spot with the buffer that i should be adjusting when the distortion comes into play? Or could i have made some other mistake while building the wah?

Thanks for your help,
Dave

Post subject: Re: wah and distortion
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:09 am 

I figured this out. Turns out the jacks on the wah came loose, which created issues as i moved and adjusted pedals. Its all resolved now and sounds great with my distortion.

On another note, I noticed some volume drop off when the heel is all the way down. I haven't played around with the bass trimpot. Its at a stock value. Not sure if adjusting it will help or not.