Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Wah trimpots tip
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:23 am 

I was having a lot of trouble with my wah pot sounding scratchy. I messed with the trim pots, almost every way imaginable, sprayed copious amounts of contact cleaner inside of the pot, and cussed a lot - LOL. After a while, I realized that I had the buffer set way too high. The only problem was, I wasn't quite getting unity gain with the buffer set to the point that the wah wasn't sounding scratchy. Then, I started to gradually bring up the gain trimpot. By doing this, I was able to get the wah to be a hair or so above unity gain (which is exactly how I like it) and still get a clear signal out of it. I'm glad I figured this out because I came very close to buying a new pot. Knowing just how picky I am, I know I would've probably spent between $30 to $50 bucks on a new pot. Also, a little info for you folks that source your own parts. Fulltone is out of inductors and pots until further notice. Apparently, they've got such a huge backlog of orders for Fulltone CLYDE wahs, they need all the parts for their selves.

Happy A Great Saturday :)

Mantas68