Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:59 am 

Hello Lads and Lass'

I was having a terrible time trying to find a dead vox or crybaby so I could just buy the drop in kit...so, I bit the bullet and bought the enclosure and I have had a few issues with it and was wondering if there were any others with the same.

-all the screws were too long and would bottom out before they could fasten the pcb and other hardware to the enclosure...didn't really matter too much, though. I just went and picked up some washers and used them for spacers.

-the gears don't seem to line up with the pot/pinion (they don't fit into each other). I thought it might just need to be worked in, and after applying a bit of grease and rocking back and forth, it has gotten worse. The teeth are skipping and the pot will sometimes got to one extreme and I'm concerned it may break the pot/gears. I've tried adjusting the strap that puts tension on the pinion tighter, but that makes so much mechanical noise, that it's unusable at practice volume (and sounds like something is going to break). Loosening it off, just makes the gears skip.

-there are no god damn instructions anywhere for the assembly of the enclosure

-I didn't preset the trim pots before I installed them. Again, not a big deal, but it would of been helpful to have that in the instructions for the pcb assembly.

Other than those things, the wah sounds quite good...although, it is unusable until I find another enclosure. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thanks,
Tim