Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:03 pm 

I built the wah kit a few weeks back, and it worked great until very recently. It has started picking up radio interference in the past couple of days (Fox Sports Radio). Now as you can well imagine, when I'm playing guitar, I don't want to hear about what a great April A-Rod is having.

I'm trying to isolate the problem, and as best I can figure, it seems to be the pot itself. (That's the only moving part. I adjusted the trimpots to my liking when I first built the kit, and have left them alone since then.) I should mention that the RFI is intermitent.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can the potentiometer be the source of the problem?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:13 pm 

i can't say for sure because I haven't built the wah, but isn't that usually a grounding issue?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:29 am 

Scroll down to where it says "Volume" and see if that helps with the RFI. I've never experienced RFI thru my wah personally but this is the only "fix" I've heard of for it.

Wah Wah Mods

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:28 am 

I'm still troubleshooting this thing....I get the same RFI whether I use a battery, or a nine volt adaptor.

Another thing I've found is that the RFI gets louder when I touch the pedal enclosure. That would indicate a grounding problem, correct? For that reason, I won't resort to the mod in Stephen's post just yet, just in case there's a simpler solution.

I just can't figure how it worked fine for a few weeks, and just now started acting up. Like I said, I hadn't tweaked it or poked around inside since I built it...just normal use. Anyone have any ideas?

Later...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:13 pm 

do you have any pics?