Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:25 pm 

The issue described in the post below pertains to an earlier version of the Tweed Royal kit documentation and has since been corrected. The corrected hi-def wiring diagram is now available for download at http://www.buildyourownclone.com/tr_wiring. Please download this new version and delete any older copies.

===================

There's a minor error in the original TR wiring diagram which, though not dangerous to the amp, will cause operational problems:

The brown wire coming off the top of C2 (second 100n cap from the right) should connect to the middle lug of VR1 (second pot from right), not the right-hand lug, as is shown. If you wire it per the posted diagram (ask me how I know...), you'll have no volume control on the bright channel. You'll also have tremolo! My TR produced volume modulation pattern of about 3 beats per second due to the error, presumably due to the output imbalance between the two channels. Swapping the VR1 lug connection cleared up both issues. Below is a diagram showing how to correct the problem if you used the original wiring diagram to wire the amp.

Attachments:
VR1_fix.gif
VR1_fix.gif [ 69.12 KiB | Viewed 3701 times ]

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2