Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:45 am 

Any one else had this problem? The pedal is working fine, but the LED is ON all the time. In bypass, switch ON, switch OFF. Switch IS working, bypasses circuit, but NOT LED. Or am I missing something here?
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:49 am 

Sounds like there is a shirt to ground somewhere around the LED. That part is fairly simple. It gets power then the 4k7 resistor to LED. The other side just goes to ground to complete that part of the circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:05 am 

A brief lesson in switching will help you troubleshoot. One thing most beginners don't realize is that the footswitch is actually three separate switches in one. Each vertical stack of lugs on a 3PDT is its own switch, and they are all actuated simultaneously when you press the button. You can read about mechanical bypass switching in detail in this excellent thread by Stephen, but here's what you need to know for now:

With BYOC wiring, the second and third stack (from left to right) operate the true bypass switching, and the first stack operates the LED. So the LED circuit is managed on the first vertical stack, lugs 1, 2, and 3 in the image below. My guess is you have a short somewhere that is causing the LED circuit to be completed even when the switch is in the bypass position. If you have a multimeter, you can use the continuity check function to track it down. There should NOT be continuity between lugs 1 and 2 when the effect is bypassed.

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:59 am 

sjaustin wrote:
A brief lesson in switching will help you troubleshoot. One thing most beginners don't realize is that the footswitch is actually three separate switches in one. Each vertical stack of lugs on a 3PDT is its own switch, and they are all actuated simultaneously when you press the button. You can read about mechanical bypass switching in detail in this excellent thread by Stephen, but here's what you need to know for now:

With BYOC wiring, the second and third stack (from left to right) operate the true bypass switching, and the first stack operates the LED. So the LED circuit is managed on the first vertical stack, lugs 1, 2, and 3 in the image below. My guess is you have a short somewhere that is causing the LED circuit to be completed even when the switch is in the bypass position. If you have a multimeter, you can use the continuity check function to track it down. There should NOT be continuity between lugs 1 and 2 when the effect is bypassed.

Thanks. I have found a short between pins 1 and 2 on the switch. Thank you so much for your help.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:45 am 

You're welcome. Glad to hear it!

My band, Austin Hollow