Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:50 am 

The instructions and description here are a little unclear, can someone give a breakdown of the 3 different switch settings on the Mighty Mouse pedal, like basically which type of pedal/sound it is emulating and what type of tone to expect, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:48 pm 

I built one and this has been my experience:

switch to left: that is the main sound of the rat and you can mod it to be turbo by replacing the regular diodes with yellow LED. The yellow LED's sounds like the Turbo rat. I put in the LEDs, my justification was that the mouse already has two lower gain settings why not go for more balls with this one. How does it sound? This is why I bought it. I've never had much use for a bunch of distortion but this is a sweet distortion sound. Cleans up nice too. Gives you kind of a notched wah sound on higher gain settings, great for solos.

middle position: This lifts all the diodes (so no diodes are used for clipping distortion) so it's supposed to be cleaner. It still gets plenty dirty but it sounds different. Looser is a word i would use especially with the gain up. it's like using a booster that you set too high and your clipping the front end of your amp, really cool organic overdrive type sound.

right position: This is the overdrive position where you have the choice of asymetrical, symetrical clipping (three or two diodes clipping) This setting has the lowest level. I've used this setting the least but it seems to have more top than the other two and still gets pretty dirty with the level set high. It sounds like a typical overdrive to me.

I hope that helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:08 pm 

Hey Knight of Cups... Thanks that is a great post... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:34 pm 

My buddy has a vintage Ratt and when the switch is to the right it sounds close to his. More of a thin sounding, tinny distortion. When the switch is left, it gives more balls or low end, resembles more of an overdrive type of tone but with way more gain. The middle is a dirty volume boost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:17 pm 

Oh yea, check out Leader's sound clips, it's in the show off your new build thingy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:06 am 

Knight of Cups wrote:
Oh yea, check out Leader's sound clips, it's in the show off your new build thingy...

Yes. Leader's clips are great, and really show off the pedal. I enjoy them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:24 am 

:D
Thanks guys! I was gonna do more clips this weekend but I ended up with a bad cold. I spent the weekend on my tele-coach with my blankie.