Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:08 am 

Just curious if it will make a difference, it know it will but not sure if it will be enought to worry about, but in the kit that I received I was given two 47kOhm (Yellow, Purple, Black, Red) instead of 47 Ohm (Yellow, Purple, Black, Gold) resistors. One of these two is after the battery + terminal and at most would effect the total voltage of the pedal, which could lead to problems of not allowing the transitor to operate? or just run as if it had a dying battery. The other however is in series with a cap to ground in the feedback loop of the op-amp. Again not sure if it will make a big deal. Have not completed the pedal because I am going to find a spot to drill in order to put a 2 pole 6 pos rotary switch to have different opitons of clipping for both post op-amp and in the feedback loop, so I don't know if the pedal will work with these values. Keith if you read this and say I definetly need the 47's then would it be a problem and if not how could I go about getting you to send them in my next order, which should be when you open back up? Thanks guys. I knew I should have taken some EET classes!

Michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:11 am 

I received the same value resistors from Keith and asked the same question. He said that I definitely needed the 47ohm. He sent me some replacements, but I also went to radio shack and bought some so that I could finish the pedal faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:13 am 

The 47 ohm resistor connected to the op-amp sets the frequency for that leg of the filter control. You definitely don't want a 47k resistor here. The 47 ohm resistor inline with +9V can be replaced with a pair of 100 ohm rsistors in parallel if you have them. Or three 150 ohm resistors in parallel, etc., etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:08 pm 

Thanks guys, I actually found a 47 ohm that was shipped with my 250+ kit. Not sure about that but oh well helps me out a lot. Guess I get to make a trip to the ole ratshack tuesday and steal another. The manager likes me.