Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:13 am 

I just received my first build. In reading through the boards, I understand the difference between the Overdrive 250 and the Distortion + builds are basically 2 diodes and a resister. Is there an easy way to put a switch in to go between the 2 modes? It's been 20 years since my last EE class, I never went into Electrical Engineering, and I'm really rusty at reading a schematic. So If there is a mod, if someone could give me a parts layout diagram that would be best.

"Let your 'Yes' mean 'Yes,' and your 'No' mean 'No.' Anything more is from the evil one." Mt 5:37

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:18 pm 

I was looking at the langraff + Mod. So If I use the same principle, build an add on board that has the diodes and resisters for both builds, and then use a DPDT Micro On/On switch to do the switching between the two modes, would that work? One pole of the switch would do the resister swap and the other pole would do the diode swap. Set the 47K resister and the 1N914 Diodes on one throw for the 250 mode and the 4.7K resister and the 1N34A diodes for the Distortion + mode. The only question is, do I just use the last diode position to put the mod in, where you would normally put in the jumper, and leave the other two diode slots open, or do I jumper them?

"Let your 'Yes' mean 'Yes,' and your 'No' mean 'No.' Anything more is from the evil one." Mt 5:37