Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:27 am 

The drive section of this build works fine, but I'm having some issues with the boost section. The LED lights up for the boost section when engaged, but it passes absolutely no signal when engaged with or without the drive section engaged (there is no hum, either - just no signal at all). If I play through without the Boost engaged, everything sounds fine again.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong here, but I've tried to diagnose everything to the best of my abilities, including following the boost traces with continuity on my multimeter and at every step along the way, I'm getting confirmation of continuity.

I've also checked for continuity on the switch and when the switch is in one position the top and middle row all show continuity and when the switch is in the other position the middle and bottom row all show continuity so I don't think it's a problem with the switch. I've also tested the Boost pot and am getting proper Ohms readings all along the entire sweep of the pot.

Side note: on the Drive section of the circuit, the drive pot actually arrived faulty and is stuck in one position and won't move, although I can tell that the drive section is working properly in spite of that. BYOC is sending me a replacement pot, but I haven't received it yet and started to dive into this issue with the Boost section, hoping to sort it out in the interim.

Pictures of the build are below. As you can see, I photographed it while halfway out of the enclosure, since I'm having to work on it that way at the moment. Also, in case you're wondering, there is a small patch of green tape I've put on the backs of all the pots to further help make sure nothing shorts out on them when assembled.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments:
image2.JPG
image2.JPG [ 114.84 KiB | Viewed 1608 times ]
image1.JPG
image1.JPG [ 94.68 KiB | Viewed 1608 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:44 pm 

We need to see much larger photos than that for them to be of any real value in troubleshooting the problem--like about 4x that size. In the meantime, you may find reading through this to be useful: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=52188

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2