Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:38 am 

If you want to accentuate the difference between the silicon and LED soft clipping, try the following settings: drive at max, hard clipping off, voltage on 18V, and everything else at midpoint. Run the soft clipping toggle at each of the three positions. The Si position should be lowest in volume and have the most distortion & compression. The LED will be noticeably louder and more sharply defined, since less signal is being clipped off to ground. The middle no-clip position should be a little louder yet, and cleaner. You don't get a completely clean tone because there is still some distortion introduced through the rest of the pedal's gain structure. But if you want clean....well, that's what the boost side of the pedal can do for you!

Re: the Mid-Q, keep in mind that this toggle is interactive with the Mids and M.Freq pots. If you want to hear its effect clearly, turn the Mids control up about to ~3/4 while leaving both clipping stages off and all other controls at midpoint. Now flip the toggle between the three positions and you should hear the difference quite dramatically. While you're at it, also turn the M.Freq pot up and down and you'll hear the center point of the mids hump move up and down in frequency.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2