Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 5:01 pm 

I'm looking to socket a few caps @ resistors and confused about which ones are C14, C16, C15 and R4.

Anyone got the layout?

Thanks,
~Troy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:53 pm 

I haven't seen a component map for the 2.0 version of the Shredder, but here are those four components:

Attachment:
Shredder2_R4-C14-15-16.gif
Shredder2_R4-C14-15-16.gif [ 280.35 KiB | Viewed 1399 times ]

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:09 pm 

Right on. Thanks once again! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:14 pm 

Ok so the build is done.
I had asked about the layout because of complaints of, and solutions to "lack of treble and/or clarity.

So I socketed all of the components above but left the stock components in place...bc I think the pedal sound KILLER as-is...
HOWEVER...I have the Level maxed and it seems to still be a little shy of unity.

Any Ideas?

Without removing the guts, here is a shot of the component side. Maybe I have something out of place?

Please advise.

Thanks!

~Troy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:01 pm 

ok...so nevermind...no issues with unity volume any longer. I had a snafu in my signal chain :oops:
All is good now!

Man, this pedal makes me want to keep turning up my amp...it sounds so damn good!!!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 5:44 pm 

Twilt wrote:
ok...so nevermind...no issues with unity volume any longer. I had a snafu in my signal chain :oops:
All is good now!

Man, this pedal makes me want to keep turning up my amp...it sounds so damn good!!!

Can you explain more about this? I have this pedal plugged into a "one spot" power supply as I'm only running 5 pedals on a small board. Would putting it on a separate power supply help? What was it in the chain that caused it? Current order is an MXR univibe, JHS morning glory, EHX Plumes, BYOC shredder, MXR Carbon Copy.

Ended up building the Chancelor also, but I feel like it has the same volume issue. Much below halfway up its not really loud and then at 3/4 it starts to get closer to the pedals around it.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 6:05 pm 

EdwardJamesOlmost wrote:
Twilt wrote:
All is good now!

Can you explain more about this? I have this pedal plugged into a "one spot" power supply as I'm only running 5 pedals on a small board. Would putting it on a separate power supply help? What was it in the chain that caused it? Current order is an MXR univibe, JHS morning glory, EHX Plumes, BYOC shredder, MXR Carbon Copy.

Ended up building the Chancelor also, but I feel like it has the same volume issue. Much below halfway up its not really loud and then at 3/4 it starts to get closer to the pedals around it.

Man, it's been nearly a year since then. Sorry, I honestly don't recall.

You should probably start a new thread about this and the Mod's here will be more than happy to assist you.

Great pedals though! Hope you get them working to your liking!

~Troy