Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:40 am 

I have a question about the "Relay Bypass Board" For TubeScreamers. I own an Ibanez TS808. I know that this relay makes this pedal true bypass and that I still can use the stock foot switch for this pedal. But my question is regarding the TS808's power and LED. Stock this pedal is always off when you connect the power supply to a power outlet. After the installation of the "Relay Bypass Board For TubeScreamers", will the pedal always be "ON" when I plug the power adoptor to an power outlet. Or does the pedal even remember the power state it was in when I last unplugged the power to the peda after the installation of this "relay bypass board"?

I don't want a 3pdt foot switch to solve this problem, I really like the vintage look of the stock foot switch on TS808's. I have the pedal in a loop of my loop switcher so I don't really need the true bypass, but it's always a nice feature, but what's driving me crazy is that the TS808 don't power up when I turn on the power supply for the pedalboard.

https://buildyourownclone.com/products/ ... e5a1&_ss=r

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:58 am 
Site Admin

It defaults to bypass on power up. Or I should say, it defaulted to power up on bypass.

We stopped selling those a while ago. I'm guessing you found that product through a search that can still find the unlinked product page. The profit we made on those kits wasn't worth the hours of tech support that was frequently involved. Those bypass kits seemed to a bit more difficult than building an entire pedal kit from scratch and/or attracted people who weren't really predisposed for DIY electronics. FWIW, if you know how to code microcontrollers, it would be very simple to make it default to "on" upon power up.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:54 am 

byoc wrote:
It defaults to bypass on power up. Or I should say, it defaulted to power up on bypass.

We stopped selling those a while ago. I'm guessing you found that product through a search that can still find the unlinked product page. The profit we made on those kits wasn't worth the hours of tech support that was frequently involved. Those bypass kits seemed to a bit more difficult than building an entire pedal kit from scratch and/or attracted people who weren't really predisposed for DIY electronics. FWIW, if you know how to code microcontrollers, it would be very simple to make it default to "on" upon power up.

Bad news for me, I would have payed at least double that price for have the pedal defaulted to power up on bypass. i'm pretty good at soldering, but I have no clue about how to code microcontrollers sadly :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:53 am 

byoc wrote:

Do you have the pcb-board är parts for it so one could buy and solder on your own?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

We still have a few kits on the shelf, but it's not going to default to "on" upon power up like you want.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com