Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 5:51 pm 

Doing my first ever pedal build Lots of fun. Im 99% done but there is either a step missing in the instructions or the picture in the instructions is not correct. On page 22 and 23 of the instructions, it clearly shows a jumper going from position 4 to position 9 and a wire going from position 4 to the board for the foot switch. However step 3b refers to using regular wire and no where does it show an additional wire being added to lug 4 to connect to the board. Ive gone ahead and built it up as shown in the photo on page 22 but curious if anyone wants to weigh in here on "the right" way. http://byocelectronics.com/silverponyinstructions.pdf

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 6:28 pm 

I'm not understanding the confusion, I guess. The image under the 3b description shows exactly how that wire is to be run. The 1/2" stripped end runs through the footswitch lug 4 eyelet down to lug 9 and is soldered to both of those lugs. The 1/8" stripped end then connects to eyelet 4 of the PCB. If what you did agrees with the diagram on pg. 23, you should be good to go.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 7:06 pm 

duhvoodooman wrote:
I'm not understanding the confusion, I guess. The image under the 3b description shows exactly how that wire is to be run. The 1/2" stripped end runs through the footswitch lug 4 eyelet down to lug 9 and is soldered to both of those lugs. The 1/8" stripped end then connects to eyelet 4 of the PCB. If what you did agrees with the diagram on pg. 23, you should be good to go.

ahhh there it is. My read of the instructions didn't include comprehend sending the 1/2" stripped section through 4 to 9 Anyways.. i built it up using a snipped capacitor lead as a jumper so i'm good to go anyways..

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2023 8:05 pm 

orangedude71 wrote:
i built it up using a snipped capacitor lead as a jumper..

Actually, that's the method I prefer to use myself. I prep my footswitches as shown here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=33293

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2