Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:31 pm 

Hi i want to build the li'l modified od (actually somebody is gonna do the build for me). But i want to have the same bass and mid response of the maxon od9. Anybody know whats the low/high pass filer values for that pedal. I have read that the typical ts circuit has both values at 720hz.
Can anybody comment on that or maybe where to get that info? Im also interested on the od808 values
Thanx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:09 am 

I can't find an OD-9 schematic. If you can find that for us, we can help you out.

Here is the lil modified OD schematic:

here is the OD-808 schematic:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:18 am 

FYI, per those two schemos, the Li'l Modified OD has a bass roll-off knee at 268Hz while the OD-808 has the typical TS roll-off of 720Hz. So the former lets quite a bit more bass through the gain stage.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:32 am 

Thats why i want the bass roll off of the od9. Anybody care to suggest values i should experiment with?
Im guessing i have a couple of tries until the builder shits me off lol. I guess i should start w 720. But od9s mid hump is different than the ts9 or ts808 or even od808.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:17 pm 
Site Admin

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the OD9, TS9, TS808, et als are all pretty much the same, particularly with the values used at R7, C4, and C5. Use a 4.7k for R7. Use a .047uF for C4. And use a .22uF for C5.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:53 pm 

byoc wrote:
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the OD9, TS9, TS808, et als are all pretty much the same, particularly with the values used at R7, C4, and C5. Use a 4.7k for R7. Use a .047uF for C4. And use a .22uF for C5.

THANKS!! What if i want to keep the lil mod od high end, that hifi quality some reviewers mention.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

Danielguitar79 wrote:
byoc wrote:

THANKS!! What if i want to keep the lil mod od high end, that hifi quality some reviewers mention.

Then keep C5 as a .15uF or make it even smaller. The tubescreamer doesn't really boost the midrange. C5 cuts highs. C4 cuts lows (in an oversimplified way). What's left over is mostly midrange, giving the impression that it boosts midrange. By reducing the value of C5, you cut less highs. By increasing the value of C4, you cut less lows. Thus creating a fuller frequency response. Or if you only decrease the value of C5, you will just increase the highs.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:25 pm 

byoc wrote:

UPDATED. So I tried this mod and for some reason it didn’t work, i really disliked it. I also had the stock version (i bought it first) and it sounds louder and w more presence. It got too much bass tho.
Thank you so much for the help. It was definitely an interesting experiment. I think im done for now and keeping the bulky and heavy maxon (or even getting an ibanez ts808 re) :/