Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: My first beaver :)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:33 pm 

Ahhhh...after approximately 4 hours of sitting on a stool bent over a mass of tangled wires covered in amputated resistor legs and bits of insulation i finished my first DIY pedal :)

Add to that about another 4 hours of playing through it and that's...where the day went...

I just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all here for posting such useful advice and to ask you to keep it coming :)

I love the sound of this pedal it's so much sweeter than the reissue and i'll definitely buy another BYOC kit in the future.

Thank you guys
Josh

P.S. What sort of paint works best on a pedal like this? I'd really like to add a little colour to my build :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:00 pm 

check out the diy discussion area. Painting has been covered often.
Great job on the beaver, too. What pedal you thinking about building next?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:52 pm 

check out dano's site also. hes got some good stuff about painting enclsoures (pretty much awesome site in general): http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/boxinaday.html

oh yeh and i loved my beaver also, took me forever to finish though. did the mid scoop/flat/boost mod to which was cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:39 pm 

Ahhh, I remember my first beaver... Actually, I married her... Oh, wait. Never mind.

-Subba

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:36 pm 

Thanks guys. I'm thinking hot pink...sexy.

Next build will be the delay. I've been looking for a decent analog sounding delay that's true bypass as i've heard that if you use pedals in sequence that aren't all true bypass you can get some 'orrible popping sounds from them. Anybody else know anything about this? Also i checked out a demo on youtube and it sounds fantastic. Just what i'm looking for. And tweaking the time knob gives such a nice sounding sweep not like the horrible digital squeals of certain pedals i've had the mispleasure of using before...

I'll post some pictures up once i finish the painting to show you how i'm getting on and maybe some sound clips if anyone's interested :)

Just out of interest - does anyone here circuit bend?

Thanks again
Josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 pm 

No, gave that up a few years ago kept waking up in jail, and the money.
you think this is bad?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:17 am 

Me too!

mine is also my first, i havetnt used it yet mind, no power supply or batterys at home.

took about 4 hours also, after work, it was quite relaxing actualy, a majority of the time was spent on the resistors, picking out the correct ones and cutting their legs off, but once you get the flow time flys.

Im naming it the "Pink triangle" and intend on masking off a triangle on it, painting it pink (and the rest black) and putting a Pi in the middle of the triangle in true big muff style.

My painting method couldnt be more simple, going to do it in the shed on a clean surface.

Simply going to prime it white (two or 3 coats) then spray it pink. then mask the triangle off and paint the rest black. simple but effective.

next up, envelope filter ( i already have it, baught 2 at a time you see)