Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:17 pm 

Hi, hope someone can help me.
Finished assembling the Super 8 to the point of testing. Followed the YouTube video on testing and all works except the buffered input. I get no sound. I though it maybe a faulty jack so i switched it with another jack and it worked in the loop section but the buffered still didn't work. Here are a couple of pics.
thanks
Todd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:59 pm 

The buffered signal runs through the TL072 chip. Make sure the chip is fully seated in the socket and orientated the right way. If you can take voltage readings, you should have supply voltage on pin 8, ground on pin 4, and 1/2 supply at all other pins.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:24 pm 

Morgan wrote:
The buffered signal runs through the TL072 chip. Make sure the chip is fully seated in the socket and orientated the right way. If you can take voltage readings, you should have supply voltage on pin 8, ground on pin 4, and 1/2 supply at all other pins.

Thank you so much Morgan. Looks like that may be the problem, the chip wasn't seated properly. Unfortunately a leg broke off the chip so I will have to buy another before I can finish the build.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:26 pm 

I'm having this same issue but i've changed the op amp with the same results. I checked all solder connections all parts are oriented correctly LEDs work and switch as they should. signals all work through normal input. everything is good except the buffered input. :(

The reading for both TL072 op amps went as follows (not sure if i did this part right but this is what i got)

1: 2.5
2: 2.5
3: 1.25
4: -
5: -
6: -
7: -
8: 5

Using a standard Boss adaptor. 9v 500 mA. Also tried it with a Walrus Aetos 9v 300 mA power supply

Version 1.0 board with jumper installed.

Anyone got any ideas what the problem could be?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:35 pm 

intrentnet7 wrote:
The reading for both TL072 op amps went as follows (not sure if i did this part right but this is what i got)

First step is to make sure you took voltage readings correctly. There are myriad of tutorials on taking voltage readings with a DMM on you tube. Ask questions here if you are confused about something.

Assuming your voltage readings are correct, your voltage at pin 8 is too low. It should be close to 9 volts.

Photos of your build might help us troubleshoot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:12 pm 
Site Admin

Morgan wrote:
intrentnet7 wrote:

First step is to make sure you took voltage readings correctly. There are myriad of tutorials on taking voltage readings with a DMM on you tube. Ask questions here if you are confused about something.

Assuming your voltage readings are correct, your voltage at pin 8 is too low. It should be close to 9 volts.

Photos of your build might help us troubleshoot.

It's connected to the 5v supply.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:42 am 

byoc wrote:
It's connected to the 5v supply.

Sorry, misread the schematic.

In that case, you should use a signal tester/audio probe to see where you are loosing signal through the buffered input. Signal path is C1 > TL072 pin 1 > C3 . R4 > tip of non buffered input jack.