Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:20 am 

First off, I love Mammoth. If they didn't exist I probably wouldn't be building as many guitar pedals as I do.

Has anyone had any problems with them not responding to emails? I ordered a spool of solder late November/early December, they told me it was back ordered and it wouldn't ship until later in the month early the next month. A couple weeks ago I emailed them asking if there was any news on when I was getting the spool and nothing. No response until earlier this week I finally got a shipping notification.

Then a few days ago I email them about the whole non working decal paper thing, not asking for a refund or anything, just giving them a heads up that they might have some defective paper. No response from them.

Have they been super busy or something? Am I just paranoid?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:41 am 

The only time I ever actually had to contact them with an issue, they were quick to respond and rectify the problem. Now that was a few months ago. Might still be a bit of post holiday catch up going on.

http://www.facebook.com/MalvinAudio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:38 am 

Yes, big time. I can't even go into the story now, but I just recently had some major issues of non-communication which was capped off with a major order being royally f**ked.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:44 am 

Yeah, my last order was full of non-returned communication. I ended up getting everything I ordered, but my emails (asking to forget a few things that were backordered) were never replied to. I ended up being charged for something I didn't receive and said they could just refund it, but they never replied after the initial email there either (but sent the missing item).

All is well in the end, but their communication hasn't been the greatest.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:00 am 

It's pretty minor, but I received 3 pots with no nuts or washers. First time I received hardware without the hardware.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:41 am 

Yep. I dicked around with them for a month for something that shouldn't have been an issue in the first place. That started in mid November so it sounds like they are staying on a pretty good streak.

If only there were a place with Mammoth's selection and Pedal Parts Plus customer service. I love PPP.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:22 am 

At present, I'm none too pleased with either place.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:30 pm 

Damn. They're slipping. Looks like I'll be ordering from PPP more often now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:50 pm 

I've had a number of issues – you pretty much have to call until you get Isaac or Blake. Leaving messages or talking to anybody else is a total waste of your time.

I don't order anything from them anymore that I need in a hurry and in general I'm pushing more of my business to Small Bear, BLMS, Mouser, etc.

Free "open source" EagleCAD files: 99ZuluFX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:04 pm 

I made an order that almost 2 weeks for it to ship. I sent them an email asking why my order was still in processing and I never got a response. 3 days later the order finally shipped. Needless to say I probably won't shop there anymore. Between PPP and tayda I can get most everything I need.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:17 pm 

bummer news here :|

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:46 pm 

Yes my orders have been back ordered for over a month now. And this is for basic things like 200ohm resistors and some 1uf caps. Isaac told me they would be back in stock in a few days and would ship out right away- this was over six weeks ago. Builds are on hold because of this:(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:54 pm 

sdlogan9 wrote:
Yes my orders have been back ordered for over a month now. And this is for basic things like 200ohm resistors and some 1uf caps. Isaac told me they would be back in stock in a few days and would ship out right away- this was over six weeks ago. Builds are on hold because of this:(

I get all of my passives from Mouser or Small Bear now. Much better pricing and never any issues.

Also, I think Mouser may have contracted somebody's space program to help with their shipping; my orders usually show up as if they'd been delivered by a rocket sled.

Free "open source" EagleCAD files: 99ZuluFX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:04 pm 

Frag Magnet wrote:
sdlogan9 wrote:

I get all of my passives from Mouser or Small Bear now. Much better pricing and never any issues.

Also, I think Mouser may have contracted somebody's space program to help with their shipping; my orders usually show up as if they'd been delivered by a rocket sled.

+1 for Mouser!

I ordered some stuff I needed kinda fast, paid for 2nd day shipping. Normally, Mouser confirms and ships within a couple of hours of me placing an order. That day must have had issues, because they did not get the ordeer out the door that evening. They emailed me and gave me a free upgrade to overnoght shipping so I would still receive my order on the 2nd day.

THEN, UPS held the order over the weekend, and I let Mouser know, and they refunded my shipping costs entirely.

Frag Magnet wrote:

BYOC: So easy even a drunk can do it!
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:24 pm 

+1 for Mouser

I haven't used Mammoth in ages for all the reasons already mentioned.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:12 pm 

Well thats good to know, I was just looking at their website and considered buying some stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:05 pm 

michaelballard wrote:
+1 for Mouser

I haven't used Mammoth in ages for all the reasons already mentioned.

+2 for Mouser.

I wish there was one-stop shopping, but I haven't had much luck with that. I've just ordered from Mouser, Small Bear and Allied and I still need to order from PPP and eventually I'll probably place an order with Newark.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:14 am 

Darn, just placed an order for pt2399's. Wish I would have seen this thread sooner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:01 am 

Mouser and Digikey are great. ordering from them can be kind of intimidating though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:07 am 

I've had some issues with my last order as we'll. missing components.

Zero communication until I made a stink and then I was told the missing parts were on the way. That was 2 weeks ago...

Very frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:13 am 

CaptainPeyote wrote:
bummer news here :|

+1. I remember when Blake would jump on here and shoot the breeze when was starting up. We all jumped on ordering stuff etc.. and built up a good rep for the most part. He would take suggestions, stock stuff etc... But, it seems the wheels are off the train which is off the track. These communications issues have always been there to some degree with his staff and the thought was the old deal of it is a new, growing business, give them a break etc.. which most did. But at some point one has to stand up and deliver.

I'll go to my grave saying this but communication is so easy to do. Once that is gone you lose people big time. Of course not getting what you ordered is an obvious issue but when you then fail to commuincate on top of it....Effectblade...cough...cough... it will go in the shitter and fast.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:25 am 

John, I remember the start of Mammoth too. There were errors in orders and some issues here and there, but they always made amends, sent out correct parts and posted here. There used to be threads here similar to this one, and by the time it got 3-5 posts in, Blake (or even James) would be posting to apologize and offer support.
It is really strange what has happened. Now mind you, I haven't ordered parts in about a year, so I personally have no experience with the newest Mammoth issues, but I do see weekly post on their Facebook page full of fun an debauchery, the occasional giveaway and such. So I'm not sure what is up.
Blake: What say ye?
-P

EDIT* I doubt you'll get a response from Blake here. He last visited BYOC on 11/25/2013 and last Posted on 1/21/2013, over a year ago.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:09 am 

patrickbrose wrote:
John, I remember the start of Mammoth too. There were errors in orders and some issues here and there, but they always made amends, sent out correct parts and posted here. There used to be threads here similar to this one, and by the time it got 3-5 posts in, Blake (or even James) would be posting to apologize and offer support.
It is really strange what has happened. Now mind you, I haven't ordered parts in about a year, so I personally have no experience with the newest Mammoth issues, but I do see weekly post on their Facebook page full of fun an debauchery, the occasional giveaway and such. So I'm not sure what is up.
Blake: What say ye?
-P

EDIT* I doubt you'll get a response from Blake here. He last visited BYOC on 11/25/2013 and last Posted on 1/21/2013, over a year ago.

FYI - Blake no longer works at Mammoth.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:22 am 

Hey guys, James here.

Here's what going on at Mammoth.
Blake left to pursue his photography business, he's now doing that stuff full time. You can check his stuff out here if you want: http://www.atriacreative.co/
The management team at Mammoth now consist of myself and Isaac Nelson.
I will fully admit that our customer service section needs a little kick in the butt. (which I guess since I do customer service would be kicking my own butt)
Isaac and I are currently both working on schedules to make us more proficient in our jobs.
I really wish I had more time to spend here on the forums, I'm not as versed in tech knowledge as Isaac, but I do like the community.

But I am trying to get back to everybody today, so if you guys have any ongoing problems, go ahead and shoot me an email and I'll get to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:30 pm